Thursday, January 21, 2010

200-Mine: A Wrap-Up

Most Triumphant Moment of Traditional Gender Role Subversion I Witnessed:
My Cousin's two year old son throwing a tantrum, and subsequently being allowed to wear his younger sister's new pretty pink dress for about two hours on Christmas morning.

Best Text Message I Recieved:
Got the anchovies. Quit My job.

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Me. (who's surpirised??)
I could give myself this award many times over but I think my best performance was in continually finding different ways to avoid telling people who bought Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall that I got halfway through and gave up because I thought it was crap and boring... cut off my legs and call me Shorty if I didn't just sell a copy of that book in the middle of sneakily typing this at work!

1 comment:

Nerd Girl said...

We should form a 'lying to customers because it makes them go away sooner' club. I've had the same thing going with 'Avatar' -I don't like it and the 3D is not really worth the extra cost. I can't be bothered buying a ticket and I get them for free. Nonetheless, people want to be reassured that they made the right choice so I just tell them what they want to hear.