Saturday, March 1, 2008

Food For Thought

I know that the VPL (Visible Panty Line) is a fashion no-no, but is it really that bad? Socks and sandals are clearly a crime, as are numerous other things like denim shirts with jeans and denim jackets. I'm sorry, but I still hate crocs, and I am not a fan of plumber's crack. I think there are far worse fashion crimes to be worrying about.

I was walking behind a rather large and very unattractively dressed person the other day, and quite frankly, I was glad to know that she wasn't walking about commando style. My thought for the day is this: Sometimes, a VPL can be a community service announcement.

4 comments:

Cléa said...

You're lucky the large person wasn't in a g-string and low rise jeans, bending down to pick something up in a supermarket aisle.

Felix for Zosia said...

Aaaaggghhh Egad!!! The typed word does not adequately express my horror. But I'd like to mention I saw another Fashion CSA on the weekend: A guy in a T-shirt that said "I belong to Jesus"...

M said...

you know I actually prefer the VPL look. I *loathe* anyone wearing g-strings (especially if you can see them) I don't care about the size of the person - I just hate the look! speeewww.

kittyrex said...

VPL as a community service announcement?

That line (and the underlying visual it represented) is going to be with me for a long, long time!