Monday, February 25, 2008

In Celebration of Other People

Highlights from the past week's reading and watching, with Felix and Zosia.

Favourite blog moments:

"Having testicles is like being chained to the village idiot" (chasemeladies.blogspot.com).

"I did two AFD last week. Wasn't that bad. On the third day, I had a six pack of Coopers to celebrate my sobriety". (Femikneesm in OMel's comments).

Favourite TV quote:
"I'm so excited. I have no idea what it means but I'm thrilled". - David Stratton from The Movie Show on the news that The Movie Show is now available as a podcast.

Worst Final Line in an Academic Book:
"Since that is pretty much the position from which I started this book, I think I should conclude right here" (Dunne, Michael, American Film Musical Themes and Forms).

Best Final Line in an Academic Book:
"men are crap" *(ed Bennet, Shank, Toynbee, The Popular Music Studies Reader)

*Disclaimer: The author of this blog wishes to inform readers that the above quote may not necessarily apply arbitrarily to ALL men, although it is intended to express what the author will refer to (in drawing on the work of Stewart) as "truthiness". Depending on your own particular model of man, results may vary.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

I think we can all agree, David Stratton is a fucking legend.

brandy said...

The first one? Absolutely fantastic. CAn that be put on a t-shirt?? I have a few guy friends who would love that.

Cléa said...

David Stratton is thrilled... I'd like to see that!

Felix for Zosia said...

Kids, Sorry for lack of reply to comments. Have been in Adellyaide for a week, and managed to avoid all areas with strong internet connections (not on purpose). So, the Reader's Digest Edited version of my responses:
1. Yes!
2. Thanks!
3. Me too!