Monday, May 12, 2008

Idiot Box

"If everybody looked the same,
we'd get tired of looking at each other"
- Groove Armada

Last night, after a hard day spent watching DVDs of Love My Way in bed, I turned on the telly in order to relax and rest my brain from all the soap opera antics it had been keeping up. I really didn't care what I was watching, which was fortunate because it happened to be during that black spot where the choice you make is ultimately between Dismal and Crap. So I thought I'd give Gladiators a bit of a go. It was so bad that I didn't even make it through the introductions of all the contestants, let alone to the bit where they start hitting each other with oversized versions of things that little boys get for Christmas (which, in turn, are foam versions of things people get arrested for owning without a license).

Anyhoon, CC walked in to the room in time to see the two white-toothed cocktail-party-appropriatly attired hosts framed by the shiny red set and said "Is this Dancing with the Stars?"

I think there's something in that for all of us.

No comments: