Thursday, August 16, 2007

Housewife Reds

"You know those days when you get the mean reds?"
Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's talks about the mean reads being much worse then the blues, and while I think that's a little melodramatic for my situation I thought I'd put it in because I didn't want to use the same title twice, but I do want to talk about my problem that has no name/housewife blues... in reference to an earlier post, I just want to say that I washed a LOT of dishes yesterday, and did not feel particularly fulfilled or womanly.

However, something that did make me feel thus was making an omlette for breakfast using fresh rosemary and chives from the window sill.

Another postscript - the voting forms got filled out. It seems one boy responds to nagging, and the other to peer pressure.

6 comments:

karla said...

Did you remember to wear your frilly apron and some high heels when you did said dishes? I think that's where you are going wrong. The apron will make you feel womanly (in a matronly sense), and the high heels fulfilled... once you've finished your chores and taken the damn things off!

Felix for Zosia said...

Oh you do say some silly things!
Naughty of me to peek at this before 11am but I have just finished rewriting my introduction - a huge hurdle. Maybe I should wear high heels while I write?

karla said...

Yes, high heels make all the difference. Mostly once you take them off, because there is a comparison of "feels sore, looks good" to "feels good, don't care how it looks". And let me tell you, even if you're sitting down, high heels are not that comfortable. Currently, I have pins and needles in 2 toes in my left foot from mine. But I'll feel so good when I take them off at the end of the day, I figure it's worth it!

karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amberjee said...

when trying to trick myself into writing my thesis (the 1 year version as opposed to your awe-inspiring 5 year marathon) i would sometimes get up at 7, have breakfast and shower, and then put on a nice skirt and top with proper shoes as if I were going to work and writing the thesis was my job. did it work? maybe for a few minutes ...

the deevine miss m said...

A subject that is so close to my heart!!!
I love high heels.
I have two little red high heel shoes hanging from my rearview mirror. I have a high heel shoe on my business card. I am drawn to shoe stores like a moth to a flame. My fantasy is to dance the tango with Al Pacino... of course, with my red high heels on.

HOWEVER... at the age of 60-something I can't wear the &@#$ things anymore. I get big pressure hives on my feet. So... if you can wear 'em, enjoy!(And if they're red, think of me!)