Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mashups

I am soooo bored with mashups. A really fantastically good one will still excite me but overall: yawn. Just between you, me and the blogosphere, they have been boring me for about 12 or 18 months now. They are so 2005. I was just in the middle of reading an email to our (-name deleted-) list going on and on and on and on about the latest ones he has heard, and what the dude in the record shop thinks about them and blahdy blah blah.

I am often tempted to send emails to the list along the lines of "you are all boring old farts who have dysfunctional personal lives because you spend too much time in cd shops, and then writing about what you found in said shops", but one of them might give me a job one day so I'll have to keep quiet for now.

Although at this rate nobody will give me a job because I will never finish my thesis Felix, unless I change topics entirely and write one about blogs.

4 comments:

amberjee said...

And there was I thinking you were bored of a creamy melt in the mouth mixture of potato and pumpkin mash. sigh. i'm so 2004.

karla said...

Maybe you could write a thsis about blogs, and to procrastinate, you could finish off Felix?

Felix for Zosia said...

Karla - I like the cut of your jib!!! An excellent suggestion.

Amber - I like the sound of your cooking. I am certainly not bored with that. I can almost taste it - cream AND butter in the mash... or garlic mash....with some red wine and beans fried in breadcrumbs...

karla said...

Thank you. First suggestions come free, all others are chaged on a flat scaled rate.